Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Minimalist challenge in the house...

A man cleans up a pile of clothes and items left outside a closed Goodwill donation centre in Toronto on Tuesday.
Picture source: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/goodwill-ceo-says-theyll-pay-newly-unemployed-ontario-staff-for-the-hours-they-worked

...or out of it, as the case may be. I mean, this isn't my hoard (how sad to see your hard-earned wares shoveled on some dirty street), but it might as well be. I have given my nieces about 25 bags of clothes over the past couple years. And now, I find myself compelled to donate/purge/lose items daily in this month of March.

My donation targets are greasing my wheels to success: items are going either to my nieces, who always appreciate Auntie's closet cast-offs, or to the Animal Rescue Thrift store in Clairemont here: http://www.aprl.org/contact.htm These folks promote vegetarianism, and help animals in need.

Of course my inspiration is these guys: http://www.theminimalists.com/ They are literally changing my life with each podcast and essay. One day soon, I hope to be free of the confines of all the crap that I believe is holding me down, holding me back, taking up precious space. There really comes a day when the stuff you own starts owning you. And I think I'm there.

Signing out...going to throw some other thing I thought I wanted into a bag. Interestingly, I see this post is the first in a full year. Last one was in March 2015.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment