Saturday, December 05, 2009

t-Insanity

I think someone we know might have a wee bit of a prob with thrifting tins at estate sales. I just took them all out and squirreled the smaller ones into bigger ones (let the hubs think some of them found new homes. Not!) All I can say is I hope the vintage Remington Letter-Riter typewriter I just bought is not the start of some other, much heavier, problem.

So, I know I've been away for over a month but all I can say is: ugh, work. While early in the year I had no work to speak of (I'm a marketing writer by trade), now I am swimming in it. It's great to have the income, but I would prefer to dig through some spirit lady's dresser full of vintage linens. What would I do if money were no object? I think traveling, cooking, and baking sound like good ways to spend time. And maybe going out to dig for tins?

This tin, with the courtly couple, I bought off Etsy a while back. It was (is!) full of vintage sewing items. A fun purchase.

The next one, below, with the house scene, is German - from Nuremberg. Dis is a goot one!, as granny used to say. Oh I miss my grandmother, Wilhelmine Hubertina Slavic. She knew so much about keeping house, cooking, managing money, and generally enjoying life. I hope she is looking over my shoulder this minute, reading as I type.

Okay, until the next post...I hope everyone is happy and healthy and enjoying the c-c-c-old weather snuggled inside with a warm cup of tea.

And wishing safe travels to my friend Moni, on her way to Kolkata.

4 comments:

  1. oh robin! you are so the only one with this problem! NOT! i got rid of a lot of mine but it's so hard not to replace them!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have something that we can't get enough of. Me....it's dishes and any antique pottery, vases, etc. Great to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab all massed like that...and you must have some squirreled because I haven't seen all of these, have I. AND--was your granny's middle name really Hoobertina? Because that is a MOST excellent name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee those tins look so pretty all together, you have a great eye my dear!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment