Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Missing Manka's

Okay, so it's been a while since we were there, but what a great place. It simmers on in my memory. Want to get away to a cabin in the woods in fabulous, and quiet NorCal? Go here.

This is how breakfast arrived each morning, with the NYT on top. Inside there was warm, home made granola with cream to pour over, and cinnamon buns fresh from the oven. A vintage thermos with hot, strong coffee was the crowning glory. What a haven of relaxation.

And, today I send out birthday wishes to the great beyond to my Mom. I had a candle lit this afternoon by a beautiful picture of her on the beach.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, happy birthday to your beautiful mom. I'm sure she's smiling down on you today (and every day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi robin! glad to see your post... i would just ADORE to have that breakfast served to me in bed!!! restful wishes to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks heavenly. I'm glad you lit that candle to your ma. I miss mine every single day.
    Love you, dink!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment