Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Eggs and greens in pots

At Whole Foods the other day, I saw a package of these little frozen veggie soufflés and thought, how hard can it be to make those? So, I chopped up some zucchini, shallot, cilantro, and added them to two little ramekins.  I put a little olive oil in the bottom first. Then I seasoned the mixture with salt and pepper, a little goat cheese, and herbs de Provence, and poured over egg whites. Baked them in our little toaster oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. They were yummy… A nice little concoction to lay atop a green salad with apple slices.

IMG_1665[1]

IMG_1666[1]

IMG_1667[1]

IMG_1668[1]

Then tonight, I made a variation with chopped greens, and an egg on top. Also yummy…and a little more savory because I sautéed the greens with garlic and butter before putting them in the ramekin. And of course, the egg yolk was part of the mix. Hm, what next? Ideas welcome!

IMG_1670[1]

1 comment:

Leave a comment