Monday, January 07, 2008

A Very Mary Christmas














My in-laws have the warmest, most welcoming home, and my mother-in-law, Mary, once again shines bright by creating a Christmas wonderland. Even though it's 2008, I wanted to post these pictures because they are so great - it gives me a renewed, however late (or early?), sense of Christmas spirit. She and Dad create this vacuum of love when visitors come to call. There are sweet treats, hot teas, and perfect snacks to make your visit all the more satisfying. During the holidays though, it's even more special because the little castle is all buffed up with holiday decor. I took these photos a few days after Christmas, so there's an obvious absence of presents under the tree. But you can certainly get the idea . . . First, the picture above of the mantel (topped by a beautiful embroidered "painting" by Mary of a village of houses with paths leading to each door). The next one is the entryway when you walk in the front door. I love the Durer bunny.













These stockings Mary created many years ago when James and Fred were young. The one that says Jamie at the top in pink and green is hubby James'. How cute is that? There were others for Marty and Paul, also great, but I didn't get shots of those.










































This next picture is a shelf on the china cabinet upstairs. And if my $450 camera could take a picture that wasn't blurry, I'd have a great shot of that. However, I won't make you squint at the shot I did get. Last there are the resident bears outside in the garden, all decked out with Christmas ribbons. So very Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment