Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Order of Things

They say we only hold seven things in the front of our brain. Not sure how true that is. So, how many blog posts do we hold? I'm jumping around, but here's some new news:

1) A hummingbird hatchling is swinging on a palm frond right this minute at Mom and Dad's house! Only a California hummer could do this, right? Momma and papa birds are sharing nest duty -- how hip of them! They're hangin' ten as the wind sways their home and their hatchling!

2) Mary and I made the trek to Summers Past Farms for the 3rd Annual Craft and Antique Fair. I love, love, love this event. I can barely sleep the night before. We lolly-gagged around for about two hours. This was the entrance to the sweet pea maze. This is one of those pictures you treasure because of the memory attached to it.

I love that I haven't missed the fair in three years. We both stocked up on their Herbes de Provence, and I picked up a funky orange and yellow Hawaiian house dress for $8. I also saw an oddity of nature -- a humming bird hawk-moth -- something I had never seen or heard of. Oh, I've lead a sheltered life. Here he is in all his mothy glory. And another of his moth-mates may be seen at Foziewisp in the Ramona post (I was there, too!).














And another pic of a playhouse on the grounds at Summers Past Farms. What a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment