Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sewing Summit

Remember that rainy Sunday a couple weeks ago, San Diego peeps? I spent it sewing with a friend. Music playing, tea being poured, the rain outside, and the stitch-stitch-stitch of two sewing machines.
IMG_0668[1]
I made a pillow with fabric I bought at an antique store in 2008. It's the little black and white one in front. Megan made covers for a couple of ottomans with some really cool linen and green fabric.
IMG_0670[1]
And then, I sewed up this vintage Lizzie doll that I had been holding onto for who knows how long. She looks a little wiggly here. I have since straightened out the stuffing! She sits on the hearth by the fireplace now, to stay warm.
IMG_0671[1]
IMG_0672[1]
And then I got crazy, and made a little tote. It’s an exercise in gingham, plaid, and ticking – three of my favorite fabrics in the world. Not so gorgeous, but useful, and the strap is the perfect length. Oh, and that pleat is intentional, lest anyone thinks my machine went haywire (or I did!?).
IMG_0689[1]
A totally fun, relaxing raining day. More sewing sessions are planned with and extended guest list. Can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pillow--good job! I'll have to post pix of my skirt-in-progress...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment