Monday, October 14, 2013

Home improving, slowly but surely

IMG_2024[1]
There’s really only one motto you can have when you’re renovating a house: slowly but surely. Here are some pictures, finally, of various parts of the house, in various stages. Top photo is the side yard, with some of the marble fountain showing.
Below is the dining room, with the new floors in. This picture does not do them justice. They are a greyish color; very cool. No base molding yet, but that starts tomorrow!
IMG_2203[1]
Below is the kitchen, exposed down to the studs. Where you see daylight coming through there is now a nice, new  4’ x 4’ window.
IMG_2329[1]
This is Salvador hooking up a light switch, standing next to another new window that is over where the sink will be. The kitchen install begins Wednesday. I can hardly believe it. I made a really awful meal in the crock pot tonight. We were laughing almost hysterically when I realized I had nowhere to throw it! We have no sink. We debated putting it down the toilet, but instead I put it in the garbage bag and out it went. I laugh now just thinking of it. It was soup. Really. Bad. Soup.
IMG_2327[1]
Below is that large window. It lets in lots of light! More pics soon, and hopefully by “soon” I mean sooner than when I last said soon.
IMG_2332[1]
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, can't wait until it's all finished (but not as much as YOU can't wait, I know!).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment