Friday, January 06, 2017

New year, new crack at Minimalism


Photo credit: http://daniebester.co.za/

Image result for minimalist photoI may have gone too far when I lifted the lid on the trash can and heaved in all four high school yearbooks. A good rule of thumb as you minimize: get a scanner and scan paper stuff that you want to keep, even pictures. I can recall the important images, but they will have to live on in my mind's eye.

I'm still keeping up with my guys over at www.theminimalists.com and listening to their podcasts. They can be repetitive, but simple messages are like that. I benefit from the reminder of why minimalism can really add value to your life, even if the examples are similar. We surround ourselves with so much stuff and most of it is neglected, sitting in a drawer, or in a bin, or in the garage. So who needs it? Maybe someone else. Donate! 

Minimalists I admire:

Courtney Carver --  Her latest book, Soulful Simplicity.
Leo Babauta -- Leo's book, Zen Habits.

Sam Harris -- Sam's book, Waking Up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment