Thursday, January 12, 2017

Slowing down


Nearly 10 days of sniffling, sneezing, aching, and whining. Cap that off with my phone being stolen this Sunday. I joked when my husband came home for lunch the first day I was "existing" without my phone:

Him, walking through door: Hi, how's it going? Me: Oh my god, someone found me! I feel like a Chilean miner hearing the first taps from rescuers.

Today is day two of the phoneless situation, and I have a new practice brewing. While I have the options of checking my social sites via desktop, I'm finding myself not doing that. In my new phoneless world, no one can call me. I'm not getting texts. I can't send any texts. I feel lighter. If you want me, it's email or you could write me a letter.

Slowing down brings the little things into focus. Give you time to read about the Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Hecktor Garcia and Francesc Miralles.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment