Monday, May 18, 2009

Cats Know How to Relax

Found this on a rambling blog surf, here. I love the author Carol Shields. Her book The Stone Diaries was so great. I actually did not know she passed away, but apparently she took her step back in July '03. She wrote this snippet below, and I think it is a fine sentiment, don't you? It's especially good at times when you think maybe you're not getting enough done, or you could do better in some ways. Sometimes we just have to give ourselves a break and appreciate right where we are in the moment.

go for long walks,

indulge in hot baths,
question your assumptions,
be kind to yourself,
live for the moment,
loosen up, scream,
curse the world,
count your blessings,

just let go,
just be

-- carol shields

2 comments:

  1. Love this, it's all so true, especially curse the world. Lately I have been cursing a lot more than just the world, I'm getting a bit sick of rude people in general.

    Sometimes I think I'm loosing faith in humanity!! Then low and behold a beautiful picture of the ultra famous Katie Kat (cat) and some beautiful sunny's.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that poem! Thank you! And yes, cats certainly have the scoop on life!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment