Monday, May 25, 2009

A Day of Honor and Remembrance

To those who are no longer with us, and to those who are fighting around the world. While I never think war is the answer, it seems to be a reality in our society right now. I hope one day it is just an old idea from a time long ago.

I took this picture yesterday, on our drive back from San Francisco. We stopped at the San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery to visit Mary's brother's grave site. There was a Memorial Day event taking place, and while we were there they did a 21-gun salute.

It's good to remember those we love. Mary thinks they hear our prayers, and I think she is right.

1 comment:

  1. I think they hear our prayers, too. It's moving to see those bold, billowing flags against the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment