Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Feeling Grateful

“Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone.”
-Gertrude Stein

Today, my bud Sherri and I went to the Rules Committee (of the San Diego City Council) to show our support for Yes on Prop. 2 which requires farmers to give animals like chickens, pigs, and cows enough room to turn around in their cages. Not a lot to ask, yet there were opponents. It passed the first rung of its journey and is on to the full Council soon, and then I assume we vote and the changes will be made.

I am grateful for the people today who stood up - and showed up - to represent the innocent beings of our planet. The chickens. The pigs. The cows. Because they can't speak for themselves or give PowerPoint presentations about how bad their conditions are. Jer, of the Jeff and Jer show, was outstanding in his presentation. The man is a hero in my eyes for having the courage, intelligence, and compassion to say what he did.

Image Credit: Konrad Busslinger, "Happy Chicken"

1 comment:

  1. Robin good for you, I am so proud of you and Sherri. I totally agree with you, we have to look out for all living things because they are very precious (except mosquitoes).
    Just to let you know, your photo is beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment