Sunday, May 08, 2011

A Day at the Marston House

We had a really fun day at the Marston House for Mother’s Day. We started with an abbreviated tour of just the first floor of the house. I’ve been on the full tour, but this was a nice little taste of the beautiful Craftsman interior, even if we didn’t see much. What a simple and grand house!
IMG_5509[1]
A couple corners in the library:
IMG_5507[1]
IMG_5508[1]
And, the kitchen…
IMG_5512[1]
IMG_5513[1]
The pantry:
IMG_5516[1]
There was also a little “fashion” show. All of the dresses were made of paper! (I thought of you, Mrs. Schottlaender.)
IMG_5502[1]
IMG_5503[1]
Amazing yummies and gardens! This was but a wee sampling of all the good stuff to eat. I sort of focused on eating and not on clicking pictures. Ha! Then, oh!, all the food was gone! This little chocolate mousse was just the right size.
IMG_5525[1]
IMG_5529[1]
IMG_5530[1]
IMG_5533[1]
A lovely trio played sweet music as we relaxed, celebrating the happy day…
IMG_5526[1]
And this heart spoke to me from a tree in the garden:
IMG_5527[1]
And last but not least, a rose for all Mom’s near and afar…
IMG_5528[1]
Have a great week, everyone!
Red heart, Robin

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a magical day. Those flowers are so pretty. That heart makes me smile! I feel like I was able to take the tour with you!

    But girl, that's not NEARLY enough chocolate mousse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks soooo fun. And yes, I love those paper dresses. Glad you all had such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment