Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Food Glorious Food

One of my favorite restaurants anywhere is in the Ferry Building: Il Cane Rosso (the red dog). Yes, it’s in San Francisco and I’ve blogged about it before; I should create a category. Ha! For instance, check today’s breakfast menu – yowza! So inventive…
OLIVE OIL FRIED EGG SANDWICH  $8
Boccalone pancetta, aged provolone, sweet onion butter
BROKEN FARRO PORRIDGE $6.00
raisins, toasted almonds, brown sugar
HOUSE-MADE ORGANIC YOGURT $6.00
strawberry-rhubarb compote, granola
CINNAMON ACME PAN DE MIE TOAST $5.00
cinnamon butter, Acme pain de mie
ORGANIC ORANGE JUICE $3.50   STRAWBERRY LEMONADE $3.50  FRESH MINT LEMONADE $3.50
SLOW DRIP PEERLESS COFFEE $2.50 SWEET MINT ICED COFFEE $3.00 MIGHTY LEAF HOT TEAS $2.50

This picture was the amazing first course of another dinner I had there last time I was in San Francisco.
IMG_0162
Second course: braised greens, sans any sort of ham hock, and served in this cute little red Calphalon pot…
IMG_0166
And, well, how can you resist a side of bread from Acme Bakery!!! If you look close, you can see that the butter is salted. They never miss the little nuances that make everything so special. I was, as you can imagine, stuffed after this little feast. *hiccup*
IMG_0163

2 comments:

  1. OOOoooo, I am practically drooling on my keyboard!
    This looks and sounds divine!
    I can see why its one of your favorite places to eat in San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, not fair! My yogurt and berries cannot compare to this yumminess!!! I want every single thing on that menu, right now, altogether, in my belly!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment