Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I've Been Tagged :o)

I was tagged by my friend and fellow blogette Sherri at Foziewisp to do a little Q&A. And here are the simplified rules...for the folks I tag at the end of my post!

1. Cut and paste the questions into a new blog post and respond to the questions.
2. Replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention - and say which one you added. (I left them all as is!)
3. Tag other untagged folks.

What is your current obsession?
Lately, I am obssessed with all sorts of childhood and homey things. Wooden toys, old children's books, the art of Carl Larsson. Just last night I was in the kid's gardening section at Target with a cow print umbrella opened up over me seriously considering it. I'm also obssessed with Masterpiece Theatre productions.

What are you wearing right now?
Green polka-dot pajama shorts, a chocolate brown tee shirt, my Navy blue cotton robe and Ugg-like slippers.

Do you nap a lot?
Not anywhere near as much as I used to. It used to be a daily thing, but not so much anymore. Now that I am sleeping so much better at night, I have more energy during the day. But don't get me wrong, there are Saturdays and Sundays when I have to curl up with Kate the cat and a good book, then end up catching some nice zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Who was the last person you hugged?
My hubs.

What’s for dinner?
Not sure about tonight yet, but last night was cheese tortellini with fresh tomatoes and a little cream, basil, other seasonings. Caesar salad.

What was the last thing you bought?
Three magazines - Country Living, Domino, and House Beautiful.

What are you listening to right now?
Birds outside.

What is your favorite weather?
Warm summer. Being at the beach until the sun goes down and it's still warm enough to just wear shorts and a tee shirt. I'm from Florida! Now transplanted to chilly San Diego, I'm cold much of the time. I miss Florida so much.

What’s on your bedside table?
My kitty's ashes and a picture of him and me, books/magazines, a silver dish with my eye drops, lip balm, lavender hand salve, and a couple sleep masks. I wear them as James reads, then take off later.

Say something to the person/s who tagged you.
Sherri! Let's go knitch! (This is the combination of knitting, which Sherri does, and stitching, which I do.)

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
I would like to move into Tasha Tudor's house. Do you think her family would mind? Ha! But the English countryside doesn't sound too bad either!

Favorite vacation spot?
I love warm water, so the Bahamas are gorgeous. Napa Valley is beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Tahiti and see Gauguin remnants. And I hope to go to India one day. Not sure I answered that exactly right.

Name the things you can’t live without.
This is a hard question. There are things that I've lost that I thought I could never live without, so I think the answer is: nothing. As I get older, I feel more balanced when I am less attached.

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
A really old, leather-bound copy of Little Women or David Copperfield.

What is your favorite tea flavor?
English Breakfast, and basic Green.

What would you like to get rid of?
I have too much stuff in the garage - it needs to be purged of excess and organized!

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Home to Fort Myers to have coffee with my brother.

What is your favorite snack?
I'm not a huge snacker, but lately I have been crazy about the warm scones at Rebecca's Coffee House in South Park. OMG!

Do you feel as if you’ve lived a previous life or lives? If yes, where and when and what did you do?
Well, a past life regression reader (in New Orleans, of course!) told me about TWO past lives. One was a woman in the 50s (right before I was born) with two sons, and another was a Hungarian MAN who was involved in slightly shady dealings in the late 1800s who lived by a river and also had a fruit tree grove (wonder what she was sippin' on right before I arrived!?). But, in terms of what I think I was? Maybe an elf lady who lived in a hobbit house somewhere. :o)

(Drum rrrroll) Tag! You're it! I hope you'll play!
1. Michele
2. Cheryl
3. Marne
4. Mary

2 comments:

  1. Great post Robin, I love what you are wearing, so cute!! I love reading these tags because you find out so much more about people, especially when the questions are unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you little Tasha Tudor-lovin', scone-eatin' elfette! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment