Monday, August 13, 2007

F is for . . .

Fort Myers, Florida. When I was 12, we moved to Fort Myers from Miami. We lived on Ricardo Avenue, which was off McGregor Boulevard, a historic street lined by palm trees. Towards downtown, off McGregor, was the Edison Home. It is a beautiful old estate, and today a woman I know, Pam, feeds a whole family of feral cats who make the Edison Home their home. I love that, because old Tom probably wouldn't like it considering his not-so-humane antics with cats, not to mention elephants. Fort Myers is on the west coast of Florida, and is a really nice place to live. My brother, sis-in-law, niece, stepmother, and a bunch of friends still live there. I don't visit near enough. This is a vintage pic of McGregor Boulevard. Other than good paving, it still looks pretty much like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment